So you have carried out all your research and know a call answering service is the perfect choice for you. You should now be thinking about which firm you’re going to pick – after all, there are a number of companies out there who offer this service.
However, not all call answering companies are the same. Some are small yet have close-knit, beautifully formed operating system while others are glorified call centres designed to handle a large volume of calls. Therefore, picking the right one can prove to be a challenge.
At Virtual PA Essex, we have put together a list of questions you should ask your chosen call answering service so you can decide if it works for you.
1. Have you worked with anyone similar to my business? Of course, you’re not expecting the person answering your calls to know as much about your business as you do, but a bit of familiarity helps. If the firm has experience handling calls similar to yours, they will have a better understanding of the kind of people calling up etc.
2. Can I tailor my service? No two business are alike – and as such it would be beneficial your business to have a bespoke call answering approach. Whether it’s managing multiple phone lines for different types of calls or providing a 24/7 support, find a firm that is willing to work around your needs.
3. How do you handle missed calls? There may be times where your phone line is particularly busy so what happens when calls get missed. You will need to check with your potential call answering firm to see if there is a contingency plan in place when call volumes get high.
4. How many people handle my calls? You will probably have more than one person answering your calls so you will want to ask exactly how many people work on your account. After all, you don’t want too many people answering call as they may not be fully briefed on what your business is.
5. Do you take action on my behalf or do you just take my calls? When it comes to call answering, it’s best to do more than it says on the tin – which is exactly what our Virtual PA service does. Not only do we manage your phone calls, but we also have diary management services, lifestyle management and our event managers. Our team will go above and beyond to ensure all details of the call are recorded and we will let you take it from there. However, if it’s something as simple as booking an appointment, we can do this for you.
If you would like to find out more about our virtual PA services, get in touch with our team on 01376 386850.